Wednesday 15 July 2015

Challenge 29 - Flutterby - Top 3 Inspiration

Good morning!

Lovely to have you joining us again on the challenge blog, today it's time for the Top 3 from Challenge 28 - Pocketful of Posies, to share the pieces they have designed especially for us, to inspire you further this month, in the 'Flutterby' challenge.  You still have a few days to enter, hurry and join us HERE.

I think you will agree these ladies have done us proud!  Hop across to their blogs via the links to see how they made these inspirational pieces.

First we have: Donna



Donna had this to say:
Hi there, I was so thrilled at being asked if I could do an inspirational piece for this months ‘’Flutterby’’
challenge, so I got on to it straight away. I decided to alter a plain wooden heart box with the focal point
being ‘’Big Butterfly’’ very apt for this challenge!  After painting, stamping and embellishing, I finished off
with adding the butterfly, which I stamped on to heat resistant acetate using Frantage ‘Aged Copper’’ and

coloured with alcohol inks. I do hope you like it!!’’

Next up is: Sue Ralph:


Sue had this to say:
Well 'Wow'! So excited to be chosen as one of the Top 3 in last months blog Challenge, then to be asked to create an inspirational piece for this months Blog Challenge 'Flutterby', I was over the moon.
After a bit of thought I decided to create a Canvas piece so that I could do some painting with the English Cottage Paints, which I love by the way, do some stamping on white Clearly for art modelling film as well as doing  a bit of re-cycling! (using up the rolls double sided tape comes on)!
I used the paints to create a coloured wash on the canvas as well as some drips and splats, then to add a little texture I used some stencils with sparkle texture paste.
With the butterflies, stamped cut out and finished off I attached them with the now covered glittered rolls to the shimmery canvas.
Happy Crafting! xx

Our lovely third lady was unable to partake in the top 3 this time, but we will ask her to come back and show you something at a later date.

So what are you waiting for... get creating and join us if you can, and win some fab Indigoblu stamps!

Best wishes,

Indigoblu Challenge Team,
Demonstrators, & Top 3!

1 comment:

  1. these are so beautiful - well done to you both - gorgeous inspirational work xx

    ReplyDelete