Wednesday 11 June 2014

April Winner's Project

 Our April winner, Lucy has created this amazing heart for us this month with her winnings from the April challenge. Pop on over to Lucy's Blog to see what else she gets up to!

 Here is what she had to say:

Thank you so much Kay and the team for the stamps I won in the April Challenge Draw. I chose the Boadicea and the Music Hall A5 stamp plates and I thought I would show you what I have made so far!




I painted an MDF folk heart with orange paints and mixed some with Kroma Krackle and added this on the edges and left it overnight then coated with Slap It On to seal it. I ‘inked’ up the frame stamp from Bloomin Great with Flitter Glu and stamped it at the widest point of the heart and applied Mega Flake in Chariots of Fire. I searched my stash for a stamp to fit within the frame and found the clock from ‘Take the Time’. I stamped randomly all over the heart with the music script in black ink. I stamped and painted the music hall lady and some flowers and butterflies from the free stamp set, and added some made from shrink plastic. To finish off I used some gold gilding wax on the edges and to highlight the crackle.


Don't forget to enter this months challenge: Monochromatic.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning such lovely stamps!

    Beautiful plaque Lucy, love the gilding flakes frame. The free stamps look awesome especially those stunning butterflies. Love your project:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project Lucy. Well done on spotting the clock face for the centre of the heart. I love the way you've highlighted the crackle texture. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win Lucy ...... and what a fab project. Love the bright colours ... and those butterflies are stunning! LindyLou xx

    ReplyDelete